- The film editor will work on ‘in-depth’ stories/reports/documentaries that get placed online/presented to clients.
- Read the script and meet the publication team to understand his vision for the story / report/documentary.
- Go through footage, once shooting is done, and select scenes based on the value and contribution to story continuity. The editor should look for the best combination of photography, performance, consistency and timing.
- Trim the segments of footage to the lengths needed and assemble them into the best sequence.
- Insert music, dialogue and sound effects, using editing equipment, based on copyright norms.
- Review the edited version, make corrections and prepare it as a first cut or rough cut.
- Make revisions, and prepare the final cut for release.
- Must have knowledge and hands on experience for final cut pro software.
- Must have understating of stock footage.
- Should have at least 2 – 3 years experience in film editing.
About us :
Geography and You (G’nY) is a semi-scientific development and environment magazine which focuses on providing intellectual yet simplified products. G’nY addresses various issues related to India’s infrastructural, environmental, social and economic, hazardous and geographical concerns. In publication since 2001, G’nY has a strong subscription of over 6.5 lakh. G’nY considers it their responsibility to disseminate knowledge and awareness among eager and grasping minds. Our aim is to serve intellectual yet simplified products.
|Job Category||Film Editor|
|No. of Vacancy||1|
|Job Experience||2-3 years|
|Salary||20k - 25k|