A depression formed over westcentral Bay of Bengal at 0530 hours IST of 19th October 2017 from the well marked low pressure area over westcentral Bay of Bengal & neighbouring areas. It formed about 440 km south of Chandbali (Odisha) and 340 km south-southeast of Puri at 0830 hours IST. Moving north-northwest wards it was about 390 km south ¬southwest of Chandbali (Odisha) and 280 km south¬southeast of Puri at 1430 hours IST. It was over coastal Odisha moved northwards and lay centred at 0530 hours IST of 20th October 2017 over coastal Odisha, about 25 km west of chandbali (Odisha) at 0530 hours IST, over coastal Odisha, about 35 km north-northwest of chandbali (Odisha) at 0830 IST. It moved in a north-northeasterly direction it was over north Odisha & adjoining Jharkhand, about 80 km southeast of Jamshedpur (Jharkhand). At 1430 hours IST, over southeast Jharkhand and adjoining north Odisha & Gangetic West Bengal, about 85 km southeast of Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) and 65 km southwest of Midnapore (West Bengal) at 1730 hours IST, over Gangetic West Bengal about 20 km south of Bankura (West Bengal) at 2330 hours IST, it moved eastwards and was over Gangetic West Bengal, about 60 km west-northwest of Kolkata (West Bengal) at 0530 hours IST of 21st October 2017, moving in a north-northeasterly direction it was over Bangladesh and adjoining West Bengal, about 35 km west-northwest of Ishurdi (Bangladesh) and 45 km east- southeast of Berhampore (West Bengal) at 0830 hours IST, over western parts of Bangladesh, about 25 km southeast of Ishurdi (Bangladesh) and 75 km west-northwest of Farodpur (Bangladesh) at 1130 hours IST. It further moved eastwards, it was over Bangladesh, about 50 km northwest to Dhaka (Bangladesh) at 1730 hours IST, moving east-northeastwards it was over Bangladesh, about 70 km west of Srimangal (Bangladesh) at 2330 hours IST, moving east-northeastwards it weakened into a well marked low pressure area over northeast Bangladesh and adjoining Meghalaya & south Assam at 0530 hours IST of 22nd October 2017 and into a low pressure area over central parts of Assam & neighbouring areas at 0830 hours IST. Due to this system heavy to very heavy rainfall occurred over Odisha on 18th, 19th & 20th, over Gangetic West Bengal on 19th & 20th, Arunachal Pradesh on 20th and Assam & Meghalaya on 20th & 21st and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura on 21st October 2017. Southwest monsoon has withdrawn from remaining parts of northeast India and Maharashtra, some more parts of Bay of Bengal, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Arabian Sea on 24th and rest parts of the country and Arabian Sea & Bay of Bengal. .thus the southwest monsoon has withdrawn from the entire country on 25th oct.2017. Data Source: Indian Meteorological Department Satellite Picture 1330 Hours IST of 20th October 2017 and Radar Picture of Kolkata Radar 1101 hours IST of 20th October 2017 Radar Picture of Paradeep Radar & Kolkata Radar 1100 hours IST of 21st October 2017 and Satellite Picture of 1130 hours IST of 21st October 2017 Data Source: Indian Meteorological Department During the week (19-25 October 2017) Most of the Sub-Divisions of East & northeast India received excess/normal rainfall, rest of the Sub-divisions of rest of India received large deficient/no rainfall except Bihar, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
During the week, rainfall over the country as a whole was 10% per cent above the long period average (LPA). .Northwest India received deficient rainfall. Details of the rainfall distribution over the four broad homogeneous regions of India are given below:
|Regions||Actual Rainfall (mm)||Normal Rainfall (mm)||% dep. from LPA|
|Country as a whole||15.7||14.3||10%|
|East & Northeast India||65.9||20.2||226%|
For the country as a whole, cumulative rainfall was 6 per cent above LPA as on 25th October 2017. Cumulative rainfall was large deficient over Northwest India. Rainfall was excess/normal over the most of Sub-divisions East & Northeast India and many Sub-Divisions of South Peninsula. Details of the rainfall distribution over the four broad homogeneous regions of India are given below:
Forecast for the next one week (27 October to 02 November 2017) & Outlook for the subsequent week (03-09 November 2017)
|Regions||Actual Rainfall (mm)||Normal Rainfall (mm)||% dep.from LPA|
|Country as a whole||76.3||72.0||6%|
|East & Northeast India||163.3||120.3||36%|
Country as a whole will experience normal rainfall activity. With respect to the northeast monsoon the met-subdivisions of Kerala and Tamil Nadu is likely get normal to above normal rainfall during the week. South-eastern and adjoining central Bay of Bengal will be active during the week. Outlook for the week (03-09 November 2017) The active convection belt of south-east and adjoining central Bay of Bengal expected to move towards the northern Bay of Bengal. The rainfall over the country as a whole will increase due to the increase in rainfall over Odisha, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, GWB, Jharkhand, Bihar and adjoining Northeastern states. The north-east monsoon subdivisions will be getting subdued rainfall activity during the week.
Delhi (Safdarjung) Mumbai ( Santacruz) Kolkata Chennai Srinagar Lucknow Guwahati Nagpur Ahmedabad Hyderabad
- 19 OCT: NAGALAND, MANIPUR, MIZORAM & TRIPURA: GANDACHHERA-7, KAMALPUR-7; ODISHA: DERABIS ARG-8, BALIKUDA ARG-7, PATTAMUNDAI-7, NIMPARA-7, TIRTOL ARG-7.
- 20 OCT.: NAGALAND, MANIPUR, MIZORAM & TRIPURA: SERCHIP-8, GANGETIC WEST BENGAL: CONTAI-10, KALAIKUNDA-8, CANNING-7, ODISHA: BALIMUNDALI-22, TIKARAPARA-21, JAIPUR-20, TIRTOL-20, GOP-19, TANGI-18, PIPILI-17, REMUNA -17, BRAHMAGIRI-17, PURI-16, CHANDIKHOL-16, SORO-15, JAJPUR-15, BALASORE-15, NILGIRI-14, KAKATPUR-14, RANPUR-14, NAWANA-14, BANPUR-14, BOLAGARH-13, NIMAPARA-13, KRISHNAPRASAD-12, CHANDBALI-12, ALIPINGAL-12, CHANDANPUR-12, BONTH-12, BARI -12, NH5 GOBINDPUR-11, DAITARI-11, RAJKANIKA-11, BALIKUNDA-11, UDALA-11, JAGATSINGHPUR AWS-11, NUAGADA-11, KANTAPADA -11, HINDOL-10, MOHANA-10, PHULBANI-9, R UDAIGIRI-9, KAPTIPADA-9, KARANJIA-9, BALIPATNA-9, KUJANGA -9, CHHATRAPUR-9, SUKINDA-9, ASTARANGA-9, DHAMNAGAR -9, BANK -9, BHOGRAI-9, NIALI -9, BHADRAK AWS-9, BETANATI-9, LANJIGARH-8, SAMAKHUNITA-8, RAJGHAT-9, ANANDPUR-9, BERHAMPUR-8, MAHANGA-8, MARSANGHAI-8, DANAGADI -8, BALIGUDA-8, NAYAGARH-8, ODAGAON-8, DARINGIBADI-8, KOTAGARH-8, JENAPUR-8, AKHUAPADA-8, MAHENDRAGARH-8, JALESWAR-8, DARINGABARI-8, BHUBANESWAR-8, MUNDALI-8, KHANDAPARA-7, MUNIGUDA-7, AMBADOLA-7, BARIPADA-7, KEONJHARH-7, JAMSOLGHAT-7, BANGIRIPOSHI-7, BHUBAN -7, ATHGARH-7, PURUSHOTAMPUR-7, HARCHANDANPUR-7, NARAJ-7, TIHIDI -7, GOPALPUR-7.
- 21-10-2017: ARUNACHAL PRADESH: NAMSAI-18, MIAO-11, M.C. ITANAGAR-8; ASSAM & MEGHALAYA: MANAS N H XING-14, KOKRAJHAR-13, DHEMAJI (AWS)-12, AIE NH XING-9, PANBARI-8, WILLIAMNAGAR-8, BEKI ROAD BRIDGE-7; NAGALAND, MANIPUR, MIZORAM & TRIPURA: SONAMURA-11; SUB-HIMALAYAN WEST BENGAL & SIKKIM: COOCH BEHAR-7; GANGETIC WEST BENGAL: BANKURA-28, BANKURA (CWC)-21, KALAIKUNDA-20, NARAYANPUR-18, KANSABATI DAM-12, PHULBERIA-12, SURI-11, PANAGARH-10, D.P.GHAT-10, SRINIKETAN-10, TUSUMA-10, GHEROPARA-9, HETAMPUR-9, SALAR-9, AMTALA-8, BAGATI-8, MIDNAPORE-8, PURULIA-7, BURDWAN-7, DEBAGRAM-7; ODISHA: NAWANA-12, BASUDEVPUR-10, BIRMAHARAJPUR -9, BANKI-7, MOHANA-7, RAIRANGPUR-7, BARMUL-7, ULLUNDA-7; JHARKHAND: GHATSILA-7.
- 22 OCT: ANDAMAM & NICOBAR ISLANDS: HUT BAY-9; ASSAM & MEGHALAYA: CHERRAPUNJI(RKM)-31, CHERRAPUNJI-28, HALFLONG-14, MARGHERITA-13, KARIMGANJ-13, WILLIAMNAGAR-11, A P GHAT-8, SILCHAR-8, LAKHIPUR-7, BOKAJAN-7, B P GHAT-7; NAGALAND, MANIPUR, MIZORAM & TRIPURA: AMRAPUR-18, BAGAFA-17, BELONIA-17, KAMALPUR-15, SABROOM-13, AGARTALA-11, DHARAMNAGAR/PANISAGAR-11, KANCHANPUR-11, KAILASAHAR-10, KHOWAI-10, SONAMURA-10, ARUNDHUTINAGAR-9, UDAIPUR-9, IMPHAL-8; SUB-HIMALAYAN WEST BENGAL & SIKKIM: CHEPAN-7; TAMILNADU & PUDUCHERRY: POLUR-10, SIVAGANGA-8, PECHIPARAI-7; KERALA: ARYANKAVU-7.
- 23OCT: ODISHA: ASKA-8; TELANGANA: HAYATHNAGAR-7.
- 24 OCT: SUB-HIMALAYAN WEST BENGAL & SIKKIM: MANGAN-7.